Incognito lingual braces are very similar to traditional metal braces, except that no one can see them! Lingual braces straighten your smile from behind the teeth. It’s nearly impossible for others to even know that you’re wearing braces. Incognito lingual braces are certainly effective, but they’re not for everyone.
Are Incognito Lingual Braces Right for You?
Take a look at some of the pros and cons of this relatively new orthodontic technology!
- Because they’re so discreet, lingual braces are one of the most popular forms of orthodontic braces for adults
- Treatment time is typically similar to that of traditional metal braces and sometimes shorter
- Incognitio lingual braces are 100% customized to each patient and utilize the latest orthodontic technologies. First, a patient’s dental impressions are scanned into a computer. Each bracket is then custom-made out of gold for each individual tooth and the wires are specially bent using a CAD machine
- Because the braces are customized, patients may have fewer check-up appointments than with traditional braces
- Once the mouth adjusts to the braces, Incognito lingual braces are very comfortable to wear
- Speech may be slightly affected for a few weeks after application until the tongue becomes familiar with the new appliance
- The tongue may also be irritated in the first few weeks of wearing Incognito lingual braces
- Lingual braces are more expensive than traditional metal braces because working behind the teeth is a complex process and requires a high level of skill
- Because Incognito lingual braces are a more complex form of orthodontic treatment, patients can expect to have a little bit longer appointment times
Browse all types of braces available at Andrew W. Skorobatckyj, DDS.